International Student Admissions
Judson International School's mission is to partner with parents to educate children who will grow in knowledge, understanding and wisdom to become leaders in God's Kingdom and today's world.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION PROCESS
1) Submit on-line application form.
2) Submit other required forms:
a) Copy of passport (identity page)
b) Copy of transcript and standardized test results, translated into English
e) Immunization records compliant with California state requirements, translated into English.
3) Once the application and paperwork is submitted, we will schedule a Skype or WeChat interview with the student.
4) The student and family will be notified in writing of acceptance at Judson.
5) Tuition and fees are to be paid in full. Tuition and fees are non-refundable.
6) The I-20 will be issued when the application process is complete and all tuition and fees have been paid. If the student's visa is denied, Judson will refund the tuition and fees minus a 15% processing fee.
7) Unless otherwise arranged, students are admitted to our one-year program and are expected to complete the full year of study at Judson.
8) Student completes registration process and attends International Student Orientation before school begins.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT POLICIES
1. Judson International School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accepted or made available to students at the school.
2. Judson International School does not discriminate on the basis of religion, but parents/guardians must agree that all students will participate in all aspects of the program including religious instruction and observance.
3. This application does not assure final enrollment but provides information upon which a decision will be based..
4. Students in KG – 5th grade will be part of Judson's immersion program. They will be placed in the grade level with students who are proficient in English will enter the regular class at their grade level; students with limited English will be placed in the ELD class until they reach proficiency. After school English enrichment will be required for any student who is not proficient in English. Judson has classes available for students at multiple levels of proficiency.
5. Students in 6th - 12th grade will be assessed for their English level upon arrival. Those that are proficient will enter the regular class at their grade level; students with limited English will be placed in the ELD class until they reach proficiency. After school English enrichment will be required for any student who is not proficient in English. Judson has classes available for students at multiple levels of proficiency.
6. Judson does not arrange homestays for international students, but will connect the student with a local homestay organizationsl. All homestay problems and concerns will be addressed by the organization. Judson does not provide dormitory accommodation at this time.
7. Judson International School reserves the right to terminate attendance privileges to any student who does not show support for the policies and procedures of the school. Transition from another country and culture is very stressful for a child or adolescent. Some handle this transition better than others. Judson reserves the right to ask parents to withdraw their child if the child does not adjust after a reasonable period of time (usually 2-3 months).
8. All tuition and fees are non-refundable.
9. Cultural and educational trips are organized by Judson for international students.