In order to do our part in halting the spread of COVID-19 and keeping our students safe, we moved to online classes on March 16. We are very proud of how quickly and proficiently our staff and students have responded to this challenge. Elementary classes each have special online classrooms with daily lessons following the regular school day, video instruction updated daily and teacher available 8 am - 3 pm online. Our junior high and high school classes are meeting live using Google Hangouts-Meet and Google Classroom with live instruction and classwork help. We have gotten off to a great start! Classes will continue online through March 27 and then we will have our regular spring break from March 28-April 5, during which time we will evaluate the COVID-19 situation and determine when it will be safe to return to class. Parents and students should be prepared that we may have to continue online classes after spring break.
Students filled out a survey after their first day of classes. We have received much positive feedback. Here are some of the students comments:
* I think every teacher is trying very hard to teach us in a not confusing way and trying their best to help us learn.
* Everyone is awesome and thank you for spending time online with us!!!!!! (:
* You guys are so amazing, kinda smart sometimes, and fun.
* They are nice to video chat and they try really hard for us to understand and thrive
* My teachers are all very nice!!!!!!!!!! They are the best teachers in the world!!!!!!!!!!!
* They are doing a great job <3
* I appreciated how they checked in on us to see how we are doing and how they are understanding on how different things are and are willing to be a bit more lenient because of this craziness
* They are patient through online teaching
* I'm glad that they are still able to teach us and are willing to help us even though we have online classes